23 juli, 2009

A blog on Friendship, Dedicated to a special person.


Friendship isn't always easily described. The Eskimos, they say, have a hundred different words for snow. Unfortunately, the English language isn't quite as innovative, though it has vast opportunities to differentiate meaning. Certainly, Love is one of those opportunities. And so, too, is Friendship.

Instead of different words, however, we're stuck with simple adjectives. Close friend. Best friend. Childhood friend. Intimate friend. Trusted friend. Beloved friend. But whether you use adjectives or different words, few could deny the nearly infinite meaning in such a simple word.

Friends are special people. We can't pick our family, and we're sorely limited in the number of them at any rate. Society and mores (and often our own conscience) dictate we select a single mate. But our friends can be as diverse and infinite as the adjectives we choose. Our friends, in a very real sense, reflect the choices we make in life..

Like any other kind of love, friendship can be lost within our lives due to neglect or anger or, sometimes, simply circumstances. However it is lost, we often lose a part of ourselves that can never quite be recovered..


This piece will be dedicated to my dearest best friend.. cause i didnt spend a lot of time on our friendship. I am sorry. Cause you and i know that what we once had was a strong friendship, but through time it faded away. That didn't mean i stopped caring for you..


I'm not sure when it happened, But I'm very glad it did..
You came into my life when I really needed a friend

The more I get to know you, The more I know myself..
And this is why I'm thankfull.. For you just being yourself,

You and I are different but in many ways the same,
Your good ear, compassionate heart
and you always there when i needed someone to talk,
I promise you that i will always be here for you till the end and forever,
even though we dont spent a lot of time together,
You are the true definition of My Very Best Friend!
And i am thankfull that youre my best friend, i am thankfull that i am your best friend
what we have is timeless, even that we dont see eachother or talk to eachother a lot..
but when we are together or when we are talking..
we sure do have a lot of fun! haha,

And in the future, i am really really trying to make time for our friendship..
cause what we have is strong and special, what we have is a true friendship,
and it would be sad if that ended..

1 opmerking:

  1. true friendship doesn't mean you need to stick up with eachother day and night, it means you're there for eachother when you need eachother..
    To me the meaning of the words 'best friends' is something very special, something i won't say very often, but to you, yeahh i don't know, it just feels good to call you my dearest best friend.

    it's true we don't see eachother that often, or speak a lot too, but i agree with what you said in your entry, we still care about eachother, and ik now for sure we will always do...

    you don't have to be thankful i'm your best friend, don't have to be thankful i came into ur life.. cause in fact it's the opposite, me is very thankful for having you in my life, that i was special enough to be that friend you needed, the friend you need, the friend you deserve, although you deserve better...

    we both need to work at our friendships, but hey even the best best best friends in life go trough a hard period in life...

    so i'm not worried.. though i sometimes hesitate, but most of the time i know trashcan stays forever....

    dear lord, please forgive me for my sinners, please forgive me for the mistakes i made and will make in life, i want to thank you for this blessing, the blessing to have Wingyi in my life, the blessing that i'm chosen to be in her life... the blessing that our friendship still lasts and i hope it wil last much longer...


    amen

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen